Chef Hu Chicken Hot Pot
Job title: Head Chef
Business address/location of work: #115 8231 Cambie Road, Richmond V6X1J8
Working hours: 40 hours per week
Monthly Salary: $4,500
Vacation and benefit: 10 days paid vacation
Job Type: Permanent, full-time position
Establish in July 2017, Chef Hu Chicken Hot Pot is the first Fish Maw-style Hot Pot restaurant in Great Vancouver Area. Our signature Fish Maw-style Hot Pot combined with our unique freshly made chicken soup makes us stand out compared to other Hot Pot restaurants.
We are currently looking for an accomplished Head Chef with a high degree of skills and experience in Chinese Cuisine and specifically Fish Maw-style Hot Pot.
Reporting to the Restaurant Manager, the Head Chef will lead the kitchen crew in preparing Fish Maw-style Hot Pot as well as other dishes for customers as necessary. The Head Chef will also run the day-to-day kitchen operations including finances, scheduling staff, supplies ordering & receiving, food costs and inventory.
• Overseeing the creation of Fish Maw-style Hot Pot.
• Monitoring the creation of daily specials of other signature dishes and side dishes, such as Dry Chopped Spicy, Stir Fried Crab with Chicken Feet and Potato, and Fried Pork in Traditional Way, etc.
• Continuously striving for excellence in every Hot Pot created.
• Supervising the handling of food preparation and creating all hot pot sauces and signature dishes according to house recipes and standards.
• Ensuring accurate timing of menu items for efficient service to guests.
• Providing a memorable culinary experience for guests.
• Ensuring the maintenance of a clean working area at all times.
• Developing and implementing new menu items or change existing menus items to improve quality, presentation, costs and sales.
• Overseeing Cooks and other kitchen staff to ensure all work are done as required.
• Monitoring food consumption to ensure customer satisfaction and minimum waste.
• Plan new menu and dishes to increase the competitiveness of the restaurants.
• Maintaining kitchen equipment; recording any defects; and reporting to Manager to schedule repairs.
• Select venders and order food ingredients.
• Estimate and control the budget of cost of food ingredients and file period reports to the restaurant manager.
Job Requirements and qualifications:
• Professional Cooking Certificate, at least inter-medium level, is required
• Minimum 3 years of experience working as a chef in Hot Pot restaurant
• Minimum 3 years of experience in training junior chefs and managing human and finance resources in a commercial kitchen environment
• Experience with Fish Maw-style Hot Pot cuisine
• Expert in specialized food and Chinese herbal ingredients used in Chef Hu’s proprietary chicken soup base and a comprehensive knowledge of raw food used in Hot Pot (e.g. various types of seafood, meat and vegetables)
• Expert in the selection of supplies such as zoudiji (Free Range Chicken), health herbs such as gouqi (medlar) and congcaohua (Cordyceps Flower) which are essential for preparing the proprietary chicken soup base for the Hot Pot.
• Solid understanding and extensive experience in traditional Hot Pot cuisine.
• Ability to adapt to Chef Hu’s Fish Maw Hot Pot technique and style
• Must be able to prepare all varieties of raw food for the purpose of being cooked in a Hot Pot
• Knowledge of meat/seafood quality control including storage, care, wash, refrigeration techniques
• Ability to create new menu and dishes
• Experience in buying supplies and deal with various venders
• Excellent communication skills is required
• Expert of Chinese Hot Pot soup base flavours: Fish-Maw, Bullfrog, Classic Spicy Beef Oil, etc.
Please respond to this posting by sending your resume to the following email address: email@example.com