Job Title: Grocery Buyer
Season Fresh Trading Inc. (SFT) is a specialist in sourcing organic and specialty groceries from both local and international suppliers. SFT performs the head office grocery purchasing function of the Langley Farm Market (LFM) retail chain. LFM has five Metro Vancouver locations offering fresh produce, meat, specialty groceries, baked goods and delicatessen cold cuts.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Grocery Buyer ensures the accurate and timely processing of purchasing, inventory management and marketing activities for grocery products. The Grocery Buyer works in the Purchasing department and coordinates with other business areas such as accounting, store management and operations.
1. Oversee the order/delivery process, optimize inventory health and minimize out-of-stock inventory.
2. Monitor turnover and warehouse capacity.
3. Update inventory lists with new supplier data, costs and item/sku creation.
4. Build a comprehensive grocery product range through collaborating with both suppliers and store management as well as understanding customer needs by analyzing industry, competitor and in-store trends.
5. Negotiate pricing, delivery and payment terms with suppliers.
6. Maximize supply chain efficiencies by reviewing supplier performance, driving supplier compliance and resolving issues/disputes.
7. Plan and implement advertising and promotional strategies.
• Relevant experience in a retail or wholesale environment preferred but not required. Training will be provided.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel in particular) with the ability to quickly learn new systems.
• Self-starter with a track record of delivering results in a fast-paced environment with complex tasks and ambiguous data.
• Experience with L-BOSS and/or Sage 50 is an asset.
• Possession of a valid B.C. Driver’s License.
• Knowledge of Cantonese/Mandarin is an asset.
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com
This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned.